Corporate Tax Assistant Manager – Newcastle based
Do you thrive on corporate tax compliance and want a challenging new role? This role is quite specific in nature – if you don’t enjoy corporate tax compliance, this won’t be for you!
Would you like to join a corporate tax compliance team at the North East’s largest independent accountancy firm? We have 155 staff across three offices in the North East. Our Corporate Tax Compliance team provide a vital and rapidly growing part of the service we provide to our clients.
Our corporate tax compliance clients range from owner managed companies to some of the North East’s largest multinational and private equity backed groups. You will get to work with some of the most dynamic companies in the North East as we have corporate tax compliance clients in all sectors, including Construction & Real Estate, Manufacturing, Leisure, Digital and Not for Profit.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a good understanding of the value that proactive corporate tax compliance brings to clients
- Have a background which is primarily corporate tax compliance focused and a Big 4 background may be of assistance
- Be responsible for their own allocation of corporate tax clients with responsibility for the entire compliance cycle
- Need to have excellent telephone and meeting skills because they will be speaking to clients and third parties on a daily basis
- Preferably have experience of Alphatax or Digita Corporate Tax Advanced
- Have experience of deferred tax calculations under both UK GAAP (FRS102) and IFRS
- Have experience of complex groups and funding structures such as private equity or family office funded companies
- Have an understanding of the non-audit work which can be provided under the EU Audit Restrictions
- Have experience of working in an environment that requires tight deadlines to be met and experience of working alongside accounting teams for production of tax highlights and tax provisions for accounts
- Have ambition to expand their knowledge in a growing market and to expand their ability through continuous learning
What do Tait Walker offer the successful candidate?
- A career, not just a job. This is an opportunity to work in a highly challenging role which is recognised as a specialist area of taxation and where the successful candidate will be providing proactive compliance as part of a wider accountancy service to our key business clients
- An opportunity to develop relationships with clients – we strongly believe in the importance of delivering locally based specialist services to the finance teams in our region
- An opportunity to obtain further professional skills and technical knowledge from investment in training
- An opportunity to work alongside our Newcastle based team of specialists, including capital allowances, R&D, share schemes, employment taxes and M&A
- An opportunity to work in a 30 strong, dynamic, tax department within an award winning accountancy firm
- A financial package which includes a competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work and childcare schemes and staff discounts with major retailers
If you would be interested in a career with Tait Walker’s corporate tax team, please send your CV to Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Online