The fourth round of the regional “Let’s Grow” fund will shortly be coming to a close. The deadline for ‘expressions of interest’ is Friday 24th April, with the deadline for full applications being the 22nd May.
The scheme offers grants of between £50,000 to £1m on projects with spend of £200,000 or more and the best tips we can offer anyone considering an application are:
- Get advice from your accountants and consult with BE Group throughout the process to increase your chance of your bid being acceptable.
- Make sure you meet State Aid requirements (check out ukassistedareasmap.com) for guidance, or speak to an adviser.
- Make sure you create or safeguard sustainable jobs without causing loss of jobs elsewhere in the UK.
- Large companies can only apply for new activities, which is a change to the previous rules.
- Have a watertight argument to support the need for grant assistance.
- The icing on the cake for the judging committee would be if the grant supported innovation, increased competitiveness or was seen to create apprenticeships.
Let’s Grow is a great source of grant funding for the North East but there are many others available, some of which may fit your needs better.
If you would like to discuss a grant application, or the funding required to go alongside your investment plans, then please contact Steve Plaskitt on 0191 285 0321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org