Business Services Executive (Outsourcing)
Would you like to work for one of the region’s leading accountancy practices? We’re looking for a Business Services Executive (Outsourcing) to join our growing Business Services’ team based at our Newcastle Office.
The Outsourcing team provides clients with a wide range of accounting services with the aim to take the day to day strains away, allowing clients to focus on their business.
The successful candidate will work with clients’ financial information mainly with VAT preparation, bookkeeping and management accounts. Ensuring deadlines are met and compliance with necessary regulations. Completing the job as far as possible before passing management accounts/VAT work to manager for review or prior to passing over to the accounts team for statutory accounts preparation.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Reconcile bank accounts, post journals, post bank/credit card transactions and sales/ purchase invoices/credit notes, allocate customer receipts and supplier payments, export data and analyse data in following accounting software SAGE L50, SAGE Online, XERO and Quickbooks
- Compilation and analysis of data in Microsoft Excel
- Preparation of payroll journals from source data
- Scanning invoices/uploading into Receipt Bank and completion of reviews before submission into Xero
- Entering weekly cash takings onto Xero
- Review of work completed, produce review points, monitor clearance of queries to ensure it technical accuracy and presented correctly
- Calculate more complex areas for sets of management accounts (where appropriate)
- Input from records and produce VAT, management information
- Prepare the necessary schedules, using clients’ books and records, to enable completion of the bank/cash control account and the bank reconciliation, including the analysis of payments and receipts on spreadsheets
- Input purchase and sales invoices
- Prepare a VAT analysis and returns
- Prepare sales and purchase control accounts
- Calculate any accruals or prepayments and prepare the appropriate schedules
- Prepare HP and loan accounts if necessary
- Prepare and/or check fixed asset registers including preparation and/or checking of depreciation calculations
- Resolve simple queries and seek assistance from a more senior member of staff if the queries are of a more complex nature
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts (where appropriate)
Skills and experience:
- AAT qualified with relevant experience
- Experience of Microsoft office, Sage, Xero is essential. Other packages such as Digita and Quickbooks preferable
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
A competitive financial package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work and staff discounts with major retailers
Both Full-time and Part-time applicants will be considered for this role.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.