Corporate Tax – newly qualified or Assistant Manager level
Would you like to continue your career and development as a Corporate Tax Specialist in one of the leading tax teams in the North East?
We have approximately 170 staff across three offices in the North East region, our Corporate Tax team in our Newcastle office provide a vital, and rapidly growing, part of the service we provide to our clients.
Would you like to work with a diverse and exciting range of corporate tax clients, from large owner managed companies to some of the North East’s largest multinational, private equity backed and inbound groups?
We have corporate tax clients in all sectors, including Renewable Energy, Construction & Real Estate, Manufacturing, Leisure, Digital and Not for Profit.
Would you like to work with a firm that is committed to investing in and utilising technology for the benefit of its clients and staff?
Would you like to work alongside leading professionals from our other specialist tax teams including indirect taxes, employment and HNWI?
Would you like to work for a firm that is positive, proactive and collegiate?
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will:
- Have a good understanding of the value that pro-active corporate tax compliance and advisory services can bring to clients
- Have a background which is corporate tax focused and a Big 4/mid tier background may be of assistance
- Be responsible for assisting with project management and delivery of a broad range of corporate tax work; including:
- Tax reporting and compliance under IFRS and UK GAAP for a range of large corporate groups including multinational groups
- Domestic and international advice
- R&D claims (SME and RDEC)
- Patent Box claims
- Capital allowances claims
- Sales & acquisitions, structuring and due diligence
- Need to have excellent telephone and meeting skills because they will be speaking to clients and third parties on a daily basis – regular and direct contact with the clients will be a large part of the role
- Preferably have experience of Alphatax or Digita Corporate Tax Advanced (ie Onesource)
- Ideally have experience of deferred tax calculations under both UK GAAP (FRS102) and IFRS
- Have some experience of complex groups and funding structures such as private equity or family office funded companies
- Have experience of working in an environment that requires tight deadlines to be met and experience of working alongside business services, audit and corporate finance teams as well as fellow tax professionals from different disciplines
- Have ambition to expand their knowledge in a growing market and to expand their ability through continuous learning in an environment where continuous development is prioritised
What do we offer the successful candidate?
- A career, not just a job. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced area of taxation where the successful candidate will be providing proactive compliance as part of a wider accountancy service to our key business clients
- An opportunity to work in a 35 strong, dynamic, tax department within an award winning accountancy firm
- An opportunity to help to deliver a broad range of projects which are being carried out by our Newcastle based team of specialists, including, inbound and outbound investment, capital allowances, R&D and M&A
- An opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects with colleagues in our audit, corporate finance and wealth management teams
- An opportunity to develop relationships with locally based clients – we strongly believe in the importance of delivering locally based specialist services to the finance teams based in our region
- An opportunity to work with a highly professional and successful cohort of internationally networked Baker Tilly International firms.
- An opportunity to obtain further professional skills and technical knowledge arising from continuous investment in training
- A highly competitive financial package which includes a competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work and childcare schemes and staff discounts with major retailers
If you would be interested in a career with Tait Walker’s corporate tax team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.