Microsoft Power Platform Developer
The role is a permanent role for an experienced Power Platform Developer, where the role will involve creation and administration of business applications within Power Automate, Power Apps, PVA and Power BI.
The firm has an existing number of key business processes, applications and workflows that require re-developing completely using modern development practices and which will integrate 3rd party software with Microsoft 365 for both internal and external users.
The successful candidates will act as a subject matter expert for the Power Platform technology stack by gathering requirements from key business stakeholders throughout the client facing teams within the firm, creating proof of concept designs, through to the implementation of solutions and handover to internal teams of the end solution to be used as “business as usual”.
The Power Platform Developer will help shape the future of the design and delivery of Business Processes which impact both internal and external users of our Services. The Power Platform Developer will support other projects and initiatives that allow for collaborative working across all offices as part of the wider team and with clients.
Key aspects of the role
- Work with the partner group to understand the overall Business Processes and the priority areas for app development
- Gathering of technical and user requirements and understanding how the current Business Process works
- Developing the model for a new process based on Power Platform and seeking its approval by key stakeholders
- Designing and building new and replacement solutions using the Power Platform and the wider Microsoft 365 ecosystem and associated technologies such as (but not limited to) Word, Powerpoint, SharePoint and Teams
- Develop custom connectors for APIs for other software products which are used within the firm
- Good understanding of other areas within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem that form part of the Power Platform, such as Power Virtual Agents and QnA makers and ability to determine the most appropriate solution to optimise a Business Process
- Develop, manage and maintain the project lifecycle from concept, creation, deployment and ongoing administration
- Develop and execute test plans to prove robustness of solutions
- Excellent customer service, working with key stakeholders well to define requirements and manage end user roll out and where appropriate training
- Undertake appropriate remediation actions where needed in a timely manner to ensure high levels of user satisfaction and continuity on project deliverables
- Develop, complete and update all documentation relating to the processes, solution, design, and testing
- Experience required
- At least 2 years’ experience of Power Platform, including Power Apps (Canvas and Model Driven), Power Automate and Power BI and any other associated technologies such as Dynamics 365
- Proven ability to create professional Canvas and Model Power Apps with attractive user interfaces, associated views, forms, business rules, relationships and process flows
- Ability to incorporate user authentication, data validation and visualisation, file upload abilities in Canvas apps
- Experience creating complex workflows using Power Automate, utilizing JSON to connect to external data sources, connecting to Microsoft Dataverse (CDS Connectors) to configure flows
- Ability to integrate flows and apps with other Microsoft 365 services such as SharePoint, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and 3rd party software such as eg Docusign, Signnow
- Good understanding of data architecture. designing databases and services using Microsoft solutions
- Ability to identify new technology as its released by Microsoft and the potential use in internal and client facing scenarios
- Microsoft 365 qualifications (such as Developer Associate) or evidence of other continuing professional development desirable
What we offer
The role will involve working within a client service team and will be working directly to senior management within the firm. The role will provide a significant amount of autonomy but will provide the opportunity to develop software led solutions to customer issues.
The financial package will be tailored to the successful candidate but can include:
- Hybrid working possible with flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work and staff discounts with major retailers
- Strong progression opportunities for the right candidate
- Company wide commitment to training and personal development
If you are interested, and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com