Would you like to work for one of the region’s leading accountancy practices? We’re looking for a qualified/part qualified Business Services (Outsourcing) Executive to join our growing Business Services’ team based at our Stockton office.
The Outsourcing team provides clients with a wide range of accounting services with the aim to take the day to day strains away, allowing clients to focus on their business.
The successful candidate will be in charge of their own portfolio of clients. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver excellent client service, prepare reports and management information in line with client requirements, ensuring delivery of MHA Tait Walker’s outsourced Finance Director offering with full compliance to the latest accountancy packages.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Regular bookkeeping services, either in the office or at the client’s premises, reconciling the balance sheet items and reviewing the information.
- Ensure the preparation of management accounts, including posting to client accountancy systems where we maintain the clients’ records, from information and documentation received from clients, is completed within relevant deadlines.
- Preparation of VAT returns and analysis.
- Prepare the necessary schedules, using clients’ books and records, to enable completion of the bank/cash control account and the bank reconciliation, including the analysis of payments and receipts on spreadsheets.
- Input purchase and sales invoices.
- Resolve simple queries and seek assistance from a more senior member of staff if the queries are of a more complex nature.
- Contact clients for further information/queries (where appropriate)
- Complete any other duties as requested.
- Liaising with other departments within the firm.
- Identify opportunities for additional services that MHA Tait Walker can provide to new and existing clients.
Skills and experience:
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience of accounts preparation/bookkeeping
- Knowledge of VAT and associated rules
- Experience of Microsoft office, Sage, Xero is desirable. Knowledge of the existing Xero add ons is beneficial but not essential. Other packages such as Digita, Quickbooks preferable
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Excellent Communication skills
A competitive financial package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Option to buy additional holidays
- Flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work, childcare schemes and staff discounts with major retailers
Please submit all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.