Tax Senior Executive (Employment Tax)
Are you bored of tax compliance? Are you seeking new direction in your tax career? Are you passionate about helping businesses to maintain a strong and competitive workforce? Do you want a job that will continuously challenge you to learn and develop where no two days are the same?
MHA Tait Walker’s employment tax team is a dynamic and successful area of our business. As a constantly changing and increasingly high-profile area, the team can offer quality career paths to ambitious people. The employment tax team specialises in supporting employers to manage their compliance obligations and providing advice on employee reward. We focus on UK compliance and reward whilst working alongside our overseas network to offer global advice to employers.
The successful candidate will have a desire to deliver top quality advice to clients on employment tax, CIS, reward and benefits, employee share schemes, CJRS, employment status, off-payroll working, NMW and payroll compliance issues.
This opportunity exists in our Newcastle office (although we do offer flexible working arrangements). Ideally the role will be for a full-time member of staff however part-time working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate.
At MHA Tait Walker, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, our people are key to everything we do.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in tax compliance and a desire to learn new skills. The role will include:
- Building and maintaining good relationships both internally and externally through high levels of commitment and client service
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
- Contributing to client service teams, helping ensure smooth function and efficiency
- Proactively winning work with the team by managing existing clients and spotting new opportunities through client and team interactions
- Preparation of written advice for clients
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on employer compliance developments
- Involvement in business development
- Managing and coaching more junior staff members
- Working with a variety of size of clients
- Taking responsibility for delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines
You will thrive in this role if:
- You are energetic, flexible, committed, and ambitious
- You have a high level of personal responsibility and accountability
- You continuously learn from experiences, seek out feedback and development opportunities
- You take and give clear direction
- You can evaluate and integrate information to identify core issues and present practical advice
- You communicate with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- You are motivated by a passion to serve, lead and deliver excellent client service
- You have excellent organisational skills and you are a self-starter, able to work under you own initiative
- You can work to multiple deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and an ability to think on your feet
- You pride yourself as having strong tax technical expertise
- Above all, you are a team player, who collaborates widely to deliver the best client outcomes
Experience and Background
- 2 years’ experience working as part of an employment tax advisory team or a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as part of a tax compliance team
- Employment tax experience is preferable but not essential
Qualifications and Skills
- ATT/ACA/CTA qualified or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are preferred
Your package will include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work and staff discounts with major retailers
If you are interested, and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com