Tax Senior (Private Client)
We are looking for a Tax Senior to join our Private Client team.
The role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with High Net Worth Individuals and shareholders/directors of Owner Managed Businesses.
The role will be primarily compliance focused but will provide the opportunity to experience both personal tax compliance and advisory aspects of personal tax.
The successful candidate will be ATT qualified.
- Experience in dealing with owner managed businesses, including profit extraction options for limited companies
- Experience in dealing with sole traders and partnerships including preparation of tax and capital allowances computations and associated planning including pensions and consideration of incorporation
- Comfortable with client contact & used to managing own portfolio of clients
- Experience of Digita would be desirable (training will be provided if the candidate is using alternative software such as CCH)
- Willingness to learn about process automation and implement process updates using Office 365 (and specialist software such as Digita Onvio)
- Some knowledge of accounts would be an advantage
What do we offer the successful candidate?
- A career, not just a job. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced area of taxation where the successful candidate will be providing proactive compliance as part of a wider accountancy service to our key business clients
- An opportunity to work in a 35 strong, dynamic, tax department within an award winning accountancy firm
- An opportunity to help to deliver a broad range of projects which are being carried out by our Newcastle based team of specialists, including, inbound and outbound investment, capital allowances, R&D and M&A
- An opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects with colleagues in our audit, corporate finance and wealth management teams
- An opportunity to develop relationships with locally based clients – we strongly believe in the importance of delivering locally based specialist services to the finance teams based in our region
- An opportunity to work with a highly professional and successful cohort of internationally networked Baker Tilly International firms.
- An opportunity to obtain further professional skills and technical knowledge arising from continuous investment in training
- A highly competitive financial package which includes a competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work and childcare schemes and staff discounts with major retailers
If you would be interested in a career with Tait Walker’s corporate tax team, please send your CV to email@example.com.