Yo They are therefore looking to recruit an exceptional candidate to replace him. Dementia Care has achieved significant success in the last three years. They are growing their services both geographically and through the introduction of new service areas, such as training and early intervention support for people with dementia and their carers.
The successful candidate will have the drive, determination and experience to chair Dementia Care’s Trustees and support the Senior Management Team, led by Chief Executive, Gillian Stacey. This is an opportunity to make a significant difference to combatting dementia, and by working with an ambitious team at Dementia Care to achieve their vision and growth.
Based in Brunswick Village in Newcastle upon Tyne, Dementia Care are looking for an individual who can spend approximately two days a month supporting them on a voluntary basis. They are looking for someone with a passion to help to transform the way that care is provided for people with dementia in this country. In particular, they are looking for someone with the following personal specifications:
- Significant experience of chairing a Board in an executive or non-executive position in either the private, public or voluntary sector (essential);
- An understanding of, or empathy towards, the issues affecting people with dementia and their families, either through personal or professional engagement (essential);
- A network in either the governmental, health or social care sectors in the North East and elsewhere. We would also consider candidates with other senior level experience where they can demonstrate transferable skills and networks that could be of benefit to Dementia Care;
- A willingness to be an advocate for Dementia Care, our clients and their families with the wider public, opinion formers and other stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
All applications should be received by Friday 12th June 2015 at 12 noon either in an electronic format, emailed to email@example.com or by post. Please send your CV plus a covering letter, explaining what skills and experience you could bring to the role as Chairperson.
Although Dementia Care do not require Trustees at present to have a DBS (formerly CRB) check, there may be a necessity to submit one in the future. Please also clearly state whether you have a potential conflict of interest through any connection to Dementia Care or existing Trustees.
If you wish to speak to the current Chairperson about the role of a Trustee at Dementia Care, please contact Dr Mike Nicholds at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time.
Alternatively you can call the Chief Executive Gillian Stacey on 0191 217 3319 or email@example.com.
Informal interviews with the Chairman and Chief Executive will be held W/C 22nd June 2015 at our headquarters in Newcastle upon Tyne. Alternative interviews can be arranged at a mutually convenient time if you are unable to attend on the given date.