VAT and Construction Domestic Reverse Charge Webinar
- This event has passed.
January 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The new VAT “domestic reverse charge” (“DRC”) goes live on 1st March 2021 after a period of deferral. It is the most significant change to VAT in construction services in 30 years.
From that date, sub-contractors in a CIS chain of supply will cease to collect VAT from other contractors. In its place, a reverse charge system will apply. This makes the buyer of the sub-contractors service liable for VAT accounting in place of the supplier.
Join us to find out:
- Why this change is being introduced by HMRC.
- What has changed since the DRC was previously announced.
- What services will be covered by the new DRC.
- Practical implications for contractors, subcontractors and end users.
- What businesses need to do to get ready for the changes.
Where will the webinar take place?
The webinar will take place on Microsoft Teams, which is free to use.
- We will get in touch with you before the webinar is due to start with a link to join us live.
- If you already have a Teams account, we recommend you log in to view or watch through the desktop app.
- If you don’t have a Teams account, you can watch the webinar without logging in to Teams by viewing through your web browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Please note, if you’re viewing the webinar on a phone or through Safari on a Mac, you will need to download the Teams app to view.
We recommend trying to join the webinar a few minutes early to deal with any technical issues you may encounter. When you are on the webinar, no-one else will be able to see or hear you.
To register for the webinar, please complete the form below. If you have any questions that you would like us to answer during the live Q&A session, please enter these below. Any questions you send us through the form below or during the live Q&A will be kept anonymous and only the speakers will be able to see your questions.
Please note that we may not have time to answer every question that we receive during the webinar, but we will follow up with you on an individual basis afterwards if we don’t get round to answering your question.
If you have any questions about this webinar, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.