Would you like to work for one of the region’s leading accountancy practices? We’re looking for a qualified Tax Adviser to join our Private Client team based at our Newcastle Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own portfolio of tax clients, ensuring their compliance needs are met as well as spotting planning opportunities, preparing tax returns to a high standard and providing support to other team members. This role is predominantly compliance based but there will be opportunities to be involved in advisory work.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Managing own portfolio of work
- Contacting clients to obtain information
- Preparing tax returns
- Assisting with planning and advisory work
- Liaising with other inhouse teams to provide a joined up service
- Contacting HMRC as required
Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will be ATT qualified
- Experience in dealing with owner managed businesses, including profit extraction options for limited companies
- Experience in dealing with sole traders and partnerships including preparation of tax and capital allowances computations and associated planning including pensions and consideration of incorporation
- Comfortable with client contact and used to managing own portfolio of clients
- Proactive nature and proven project management skills
- Experience of both compliance and advisory assignments
- Experience of Digita would be desirable
- Some knowledge of accounts would be an advantage
- CTA qualified or working towards
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits such as the opportunity to buy additional holiday, cycle to work, childcare schemes and staff discounts with major retailers
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.