This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Paraplanner to join a growing, dynamic, and forward thinking financial planning firm based in Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, plus bonus and other benefits.
Contract Type – Permanent
Hours – Full Time
Who are we?
For more than 80 years we have been providing well-respected financial planning advice alongside Tait Walker Chartered Accountants. Tait Walker has become known for personalised service, quality independent advice and a focus on holistic financial planning.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Paraplanner with energy and passion – to us, that means someone who:
- Is not just a report writer
- Genuinely likes the job and believes in what they’re doing
- Will make a contribution not just to the role but to the wider team
- Has the skills to do an excellent job and understands the industry
Someone who aspires to our values:
- Proactive – We work ahead of the curve predicting issues before they arise, seeking out new opportunities and innovative ways of working to benefit our clients and our team.
- Accountable – We are individually and collectively accountable for our own actions and take pride in our work, acting with integrity and respect at every stage, with our clients, our community and our surrounding environment.
- Ambitious – We are always hungry for knowledge, business, talent and to make connections. We work as a team to fulfil our ambitions and help our staff and clients to succeed in their aspirations.
- Client centric – Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to build long lasting relationships and ensure all decisions begin and end with the best interests of our clients.
- Collaborative – We believe in collaboration across our organisation, with clients and the local community. We build strong national and international partnerships and deliver the best results by leveraging collective expertise and knowledge.
- Passionate – Above all we are passionate about the people we work with, the areas we work in and the work that we do.
Some of the essential requirements for the role are:
- Diploma in Financial Planning
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within a financial planning environment, 18 months of which in a Paraplanner role
- Advanced technical knowledge of financial products
- Highly organised, methodical, analytical and disciplined
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Ability to assimilate technical information into an understandable format for clients
- Shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks
- Adopts a positive attitude, willing to assist others when busy
- Able to work under pressure on occasions to achieve deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Able to prioritise and plan own workload
What are we offering?
- The opportunity to join a passionate, friendly and ambitious team based in Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- The knowledge you’ll be working alongside an established team of 26 Financial Planners and Paraplanners
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience, plus bonus and other benefits
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.