Alastair joined MHA Tait Walker as a Partner in 2011 having worked at two of the ‘Big 4′ accountancy firms. He has over 15 years’ experience in advising some of the largest and most influential businesses in the North East of England.
Alastair specialises in assisting innovative businesses. He has helped our clients to secure more than £35 million in corporate tax credits – including one engineering business who received nearly £0.5m in the form of corporate tax repayments, and an oil and gas supply chain group who received more than £1.1m.
Alastair can help you with:
- Corporate Tax Compliance, efficiency and reporting
- Tax efficient fund raising via EIS, SEIS and the Social Investment Tax Relief
- Assisting companies to identify and implement tax efficient reward mechanisms for their staff, such as Enterprise Management Incentive Schemes, Employee Shareholder Contracts and Growth Shares
- Advising businesses how to turn tax from a cost to something which can add value to their businesses (for example, using R&D Tax Reliefs, ECA’s and the Creative Sector reliefs)
- Helping entrepreneurs mitigate taxes throughout their business activities