Steve joined MHA Tait Walker in 2002 and was promoted to partner in 2005. He has over 20 years’ experience of advising owners of small and medium sized businesses in the North of England on company acquisitions and disposals and helps businesses to access fundraising. He has advised on all aspects of SME Corporate Finance from due diligence, valuations, mergers, acquisitions, company disposals, equity fund raising, business planning, bank finance, management buy outs / buy ins and strategic decision making.
He has advised on many cross border acquisitions and disposals including successfully completing deals with companies from Japan, Taiwan, Canada, USA, France, Germany, Ireland and Scandinavia.
As an experienced Corporate Financier he adds value to the strategies and processes involved with selling a company or seeking additional finance. Much of what he does is based around strategy at board level to work closely with clients, their lawyers and funders.
Particular deals that Steve has led include:
- MBI of Renown Engineering and subsequent acquisitions.
- MBO of Densitron Gaming and subsequent sale of (the renamed) Innocore to Advantech, which was awarded the BVCA exit of the year in 2010.
- Sales of Raytec to Geuterbruck and to Optex.
- Sales of Tynetec to Legrande, Automatic Retailing to Kitwave and Pearts Fuels to DCC
- MBO of Widney Pressings from administration, now known as ADM Pressings.
- Acquisition of John Bell Pipeline by NTS.