Whether your business involves property construction, property investment or simply using property in your wider commercial enterprises, we can help you ensure your property taxes are proactively managed.
Property transactions can involve a broad range of tax issues including Stamp Duty Land Tax, VAT, Corporate Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax. There are also a broad range of tax reliefs which can apply to property such as Land Remediation Relief, Capital Allowances, Business Premises Renovation Allowance and reliefs from Stamp Duty Land Tax.
How we assist the property sector:
- Residential and Nursing Care Home operators
- Hotel, Pub and Club operators
- Housing developers
- Commercial and industrial property owners and users
- Land remediation companies, architects and consulting engineers
Developers and property construction businesses:
- Advice on accounting treatments which ensure the tax reliefs for development costs are optimised
- Advice on enhanced tax reliefs such as land remediation relief or Business Premises Renovation Allowances
- Advice on the use of Special Purpose Vehicles for development projects
- Claiming R&D Tax Reliefs on new technological processes or methods used in design or construction
Property owners and investors:
- Advice on ownership structures such as SSIP or SSAS pensions, use of LLP’s and use of property investment companies
- Capital gains tax reinvestment reliefs such as rollover relief
- Advice on property acquisitions and disposals including “pooling” requirements for capital allowances after April 2014
- Detailed, surveyor based, capital allowance claims to secure tax relief for the cost of plant & machinery within the property portfolio.