Tees Valley Mayor, Ben Houchen, has announced plans for a programme of demolition work across the Teeswork site. The £150m project, which will take place over the next five years, is expected to begin in March next year.
The news comes on the back of announcements in recent weeks of £17m Government investment in construction projects. Middlesbrough Station, a new Life Sciences Park at Central Park in Darlington creating 150 jobs and £4.1m to build new entrances, buildings, and facilities at the TeesWorks site.
“Our firm can trace its roots in Teesside back some 60 years. Over that period there have been highs and lows and some false dawns but there certainly now seems to be a concerted effort to take the area forward and in doing so bring new industries to the area creating a more diverse and dynamic local economy.
Whilst the initial drive can come from local government, and, in particular the Combined Authority, we will all have a part to play if the area is to take full advantage of the opportunities put before us.
As a firm we are investing heavily to attract new talent and provide the bespoke training necessary in order to provide the specialist accounting advice needed by the new industries. We can help clients access grants and raise finance, take advantage of specialist tax reliefs and ensure that they are prepared now for whatever tomorrow will bring.”
“We advise a broad range of clients in the manufacturing and engineering sector and have built up a wealth of experience over the years. We help our clients with identifying opportunities for growth, diversifying into new sub-sectors and expanding internationally, so I am confident that the new Teesside projects will bring a wealth of opportunities to the sector.”
- We work with over 150 North East manufacturers
- We have generated £45m cash from R&D claims for North East businesses
- We are members of the Advanced Manufacturing Forum and the Engineering Manufacturers Network
- We have a dedicated manufacturing and engineering sector team
- We have completed over 35 Corporate Finance transactions in the manufacturing sector since 2000
- We are a member of MHA, who is a UK member of Baker Tilly International
- Annual Manufacturing survey
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.