We advise and look after a number of Community Interest Companies (CICs) throughout the North East and across the UK. We offer a tailored mix of accounting, taxation and advisory services. We are passionate about supporting you to not only not only to fulfil your statutory compliance obligations, but also to effectively realise your social entrepreneur objectives.
CICs are used in a variety of different sectors, with the main aim being to provide a social service to the wider community. This often raises interesting challenges in a rapidly changing landscape bound by more regulatory and compliance requirements than most. Our team of specialists are always available to help, whether it’s dealing with legislative changes or giving advice and guidance to enable your CIC to be set up in the most efficient way possible.
We want to help you to make a difference to your chosen community by providing you with a service that will help you to overcome the unique accounting obstacles of the social sector. This will give you more time to focus on your organisation’s activity.
How can we help?
We believe that CICs need more than just compliance support. Our Not for Profit team can help with the planning and set-up of the CIC, provide compliance services and answer any questions you have throughout the year.
We can help your CIC with:
- Tax Planning and advice on choosing the right structure of the CIC
- Formation of the CIC
- Financial forecasting and modelling
- Accounts preparation in compliance with Companies Act
- Assurance services – audit
- Accounting systems, as well as the supply of and training in Sage and Xero
- VAT planning
- Accessing loan funds, as well as Local, National and European Grants
- Pensions and other employee matters, including ways to mitigate payroll costs