Our Property and Construction team can guide your business from start up through to growth strategies, as well as surviving a changing economy and exit planning.
Our property accountants and business advisers understand the challenges facing the property industry, which is the largest sector in the UK economy. Our construction specialists understand the nature of the construction industry and the challenges you face.
Whether you are looking for accountants, business advisers, tax consultants or corporate finance specialists, our Property and Construction team can help you achieve your business goals and be the gateway to local and international knowledge.
Accounting for construction companies
As construction accountants, we know businesses in the sector face an ever-increasing threat of investigation by HM Revenue & Customs. It is common for the public body to impose financial settlements dating back several years to collect tax, national insurance, interest, and penalties on any errors that are discovered.
We understand that can be a daunting prospect for any company, but our team of specialists can work with your business to ensure it is compliant with its tax obligations, as well as offering advice on areas such as capital gains tax and VAT consultancy, including negotiations with HMRC.
Alongside these core audit and accountancy services, our highly experienced construction accounting team can also offer advice on:
- R&D tax credits on innovative construction methods
- Fundraising for developers
- Reporting on individual construction projects – from start to finish
- Land remediation tax reliefs
- Corporate tax structure to optimise reliefs and risk management
- VAT consultancy, including negotiations with HMRC
- Construction Industry Scheme compliance reviews and advice
- IR35 – engagement of workers and employment tax issues
- PAYE compliance with health checks on benefits and expenses
- Profit extraction
- Corporate finance advice, including for mergers, acquisitions, and disposals
- Strategic planning to help you get your business to where you want it to be
- Expert witness for construction litigation
Specialist real estate accounting services
Our specialist property accountants and advisory team understand the importance of timely, yet innovative advice that will help property and real estate businesses to weather any storm.
We offer a range of audit and advisory services centred around tax compliance, audit, M&A and liquidation.
Our team have experience in many aspects of real estate including:
We also advise a number of Construction services clients including:
- Road builders
- Civil Engineers
- House Builders
- Commercial Contractors
Our team advise on real estate-specific issues and strategies such as:
- Incorporation of buy-to-let portfolios
- Fundraising or sourcing finance for property transactions
- Debt restructuring
- Utilising Special Purchase Vehicles (SPVs) and entering Joint Ventures (JVs)
- Structures to minimise taxation levied on development and investment profits
- VAT – options to tax and property transactions
- Tax planning for corporate investment
- Capital allowance optimisation
- IHT planning on real estate portfolios and long-term investment
- Utilisation of pension funds for investment
- Investing in real estate outside the UK
- Corporate Disposals
- Stamp Duty Land Tax