Our team is very experienced at advising on all types of management buy outs.
- Management Buy Outs: where we assist the MBO team to buy non-core assets or a company from the owners.
- Vendor initiated MBOs: where the retiring owner wants to retire and offers the company to management with some cash immediately and the remaining price paid over time.
- Management Buy Ins: where the key individual buying the business is known to the company but does not currently work within it.
We are familiar with advising on all aspects of these deals and structuring a resilient deal:
- Vendor advice
- Management team or Newco advice
- Financial forecasting and business planning
- Financial due diligence for the funder
We work closely with our colleagues in the tax department to project manage the process and ensure that the MBO completes to everyone’s satisfaction.
Recent case studies