We assist businesses to manage their VAT compliance requirements and to plan transactions to manage the overall cost and cash flow impacts.
VAT is typically the most complex of all the taxes faced by businesses and charities. It is often the tax which has the least “logic” when it comes to determining whether a transaction is subject to tax and at what rate.
Our VAT Advisory team assist clients of all sizes and in multiple sectors to optimise their indirect tax compliance and management requirements.
For example, our specialists work with:
- Charities and Not for Profit Organisations who may struggle to recover input VAT
- Exporters who need to understand where they may be liable for VAT on their exports
- Property developers who are incurring input VAT on construction costs
- Businesses who are acquiring the trade and assets of an ongoing business
Our VAT specialists can assist you with:
- VAT registration for standalone entities and creation of VAT groups
- VAT compliance including completing and filing VAT returns
- Structuring transactions to meet Transfer of Going Concerns provisions
- Maximising input VAT recoveries for partially exempt businesses and optimising cashflow timing
- Meeting requirements to Zero Rate exports
- Mini One Stop Shop requirements for B2C digital businesses
- Healthchecks of VAT systems to identify potential areas of risk