CO-OPERATIVE AND COMMUNITY BENEFIT SOCIETIES
Our experienced team advise a number of Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies (formerly known as Industrial and Provident Societies) throughout the North East and across the UK. We offer a tailored mix of accounting, taxation and advisory services. We will work with you to not only help you to fulfil statutory compliance obligations, but also to realise your social entrepreneur objectives effectively.
We understand that Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies are used in a variety of different sectors and this often raises interesting challenges in a sector facing ever changing regulation and compliance.
Our team of specialists are always available to help, whether it’s dealing with legislative changes or giving advice and guidance to enable the Co-operative and Community Benefit Society to be set-up in the most efficient way. We want to make sure that you feel equipped with the knowledge to deal with the unique accounting obstacles of the social sector.
How can we help?
Our Not for Profit team are available to help with the planning and set-up of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Society. We also provide compliance services and answer any questions you may have throughout the year.
We can help with:
- Tax planning and advice on choosing the right structure to support the social objectives
- The formation of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Society
- Financial forecasting and modelling
- Accounts preparation in compliance with the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014
- Assurance services – audit
- Accounting systems, as well as the supply of and training in Sage and Xero
- VAT planning
- Accessing loan funds, as well as Local, National and European Grants
- Pensions and other employee matters, including ways to mitigate payroll costs